Friday, June 29, 2012

Parmesan Encrusted Salmon & Tilapia

 It's no secret that, sometimes, toddlers can be picky eaters. My oldest is no exception, however I will say that I can't complain too much because, thankfully, he'll eat pretty much whatever we put in front of him with few exceptions. So tonight I wanted to give my family a dinner we all would like, that would fill us up and something that would be healthy. I think I nailed it!
 After scouring the internet for fish recipes, and coming up short, I decided to combine a few. What I came up with this:

PARMESAN ENCRUSTED SALMON & TILAPIA


Grated Parmesan
Spices (I used garlic powder, pepper, and fresh rosemary...thank goodness for our plant!) 
Salmon/Tilapia Fillets (I had 2 Tilapia and 3 Salmon Fillets)
1 to 2 Eggs (For dipping)
Olive Oil


Mix Parmesan and Spices (if using fresh rosemary, don't mix with the cheese) in bowl big enough to dip fish in. Dip both sides of fish in egg and then in Cheese mix. Place in baking dish, place rosemary sprigs on top and drizzle with Olive oil. Bake at 450 for 6 minutes. Check for doneness and enjoy!


All of the above measurements are what I used for 5 pieces of fish. If using less fish cook for about 4 minutes and check.


 I know that fish can be expensive, especially Salmon. I got both the Tilapia and the Salmon at Winco in the bags. They come frozen, in the bag and they are vacuumed sealed and individually packaged and they aren't horribly priced.. definitely cheaper then buying from the meat counter and since they come in their own packages, they're pretty darn good...not slimy. Besides fish is so good for you, especially Salmon and the fact that my 3 year old was excited for "Cheesy Fish!" was a major plus!! I served it with Corn on the Cob (another favorite of my 3 year old) and I must say it was one of the best dishes I've made!!


**I was going to add a picture, but I was really hungry and it looked incredible...so I ate before I remembered the snap shot! Instead, hears a picture of my son who loved his cheesy fish!**
My oldest baby boy

No comments:

Post a Comment