Sunday, February 12, 2012

My BIG, FAT, GREEK Dinner

   Here at University Land there's a place called The Pita Pit, it's really good, but being married to a college student we don't have the money to eat out all the time. However we both really like Pita's. There filling and as we learned really easy to make! Now neither my husband or I are of Greek decent. I'm German and my Husband's Finn/Scottish/ and French, but we both like good food and trust me when I say that Gyro's are good!!! So this is what we had for dinner the other night! 




PITA RECIPE


1 PKG. GYRO MEAT
TZATZIKI SAUCE
1 PKG. PITA POCKETS
LETTUCE
1 CUCUMBER
2 ROMA TOMATOES
1 RED ONION
1 PKG. FETA


COOK THE GYRO MEAT ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS. TOAST PITA POCKET (IF DESIRED), PUT TZATZIKI SAUCE ON BOTH SIDES OF PITA, ADD GYRO MEAT, LETTUCE, CUCUMBER, TOMATOES, AND ONION...ENJOY!!


This is not our Pita's from the other night,
but this is basically what they look like
Now, we use the pockets because they're easier to eat. They keep all the ingredients neatly tucked inside. You can also use chicken strips instead of the gyro meat. Gyro meat does have MSG in it, which we try to stay away from, but believe me when I say that it's still really good. Anyway, try them see if you like them. You can put any veggie in them and I imagine they'd taste pretty good. The Pita Pit has a whole array of veggies they use, we just like the ones listed above because they give it a nice crisp/fresh taste. Make it your own!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment